Are you self-conscious about your smile because of your missing teeth? Or maybe you have bad teeth and you know there is a good chance that you're eventually going to need them replaced. No matter what your case may be, here are three ways to replace missing teeth and advantages of each.
Considered a prosthetic device, dentures are custom-made to replace missing teeth. Dentures are either partial or complete, depending on whether or not you need some or all of your teeth replaced. You might automatically rule dentures out when it comes to replacing your teeth because you have heard you can no longer eat certain foods, or they have the ability to fall out of your mouth. The truth of the matter is, there are some advantages to having dentures:
- They have been used for hundreds of years with modern dentures being very functional
- They can be made of porcelain so they look more natural
- You can choose between removable and non-removable dentures
If you want to have the option of removing your teeth, getting dentures may be a great option.
2. Dental Implants
Another solution for missing teeth, dental implants are posts that get fused to your jawbone beneath the gums. Once this has been done, a crown or artificial teeth get placed on the post, creating a non-removable solution for missing teeth. Here are some advantages to getting dental implants:
- When the crown is well-cared for, it can last more than 15 years before having to be replaced
- You can talk and eat without worrying about your teeth slipping out of place
- They are comfortable and you might forget they are even there
When it comes to replacing any number of missing teeth, dental implants are a very popular option.
3. All On 4 Implant Rehabilitation
If you have lost most or all of your teeth, you may want to consider all on 4 implant rehabilitation. This type of full mouth rehabilitation involves the implantation of four dental implants and can be done in just one single surgery. Other benefits of all on 4 implant rehabilitation include:
- This technique usually alleviates the need for bone grafting surgery
- You can get a brand new set of teeth in just one day
- The implants will not shift or become loose
If you have lost most of your teeth, or even all of them, this type of oral surgery may be a great option for you.Share